The John Bentley School is a community-focused academy set in the heart of stunning Wiltshire countryside in the historic town of Calne.
Dedicated teaching and support staff provide students with an inspirational learning environment and are committed to ensuring every student achieves more than they ever thought possible.
The John Bentley School campus is set in beautiful Wiltshire countryside and has the following specialist and exceptional facilities:
- Extensive ICT facilities in all areas of school life
- Thirteen specialist Science laboratories
- A Technology complex to cater for resistant materials, computer-aided design, textiles, food, graphics and ICT
- Three Drama studios with comprehensive light and sound facilities
- Three purpose-built Music rooms and a suite of Music Technology Macs
- A range of practice rooms for instrumental tuition
- Data projectors and interactive whiteboards in all departments
- A gymnasium, sports hall, extensive playing fields, seven tennis courts and the use of Calne Leisure Centre.
- Comprehensive facilities for students who need learning support
- A very well-stocked Learning Resource Centre
- A resources and reprographics area which supports both staff and students
- Art and Design studios for painting, drawing, fabric printing, ceramics, computer-aided design and modelling
- A photography dark room and processing facilities
- Lifts, ramps and toilets to allow full access to all aspects of the curriculum for students with disabilities
- A large hall with sound and lighting facilities
- An extensive cafeteria which promotes healthy eating plus outside covered eating area
- Picnic areas, gardens and 33 acres of sports fields
- On-site Nursery (babies to pre-school)
- A state of the art, purpose-built Sixth Form Centre